Adding a Legend
Legends identify the visualizations displayed in the iTool window. Legends can be displayed in the iSurface window to identify surfaces and contours on those surfaces.
To insert a legend for a surface or contour:
- Select specific items to include in the legend, or click in an empty area of the iSurface dataspace to deselect and include all dataspace items in the legend.
- Select Insert ® New Legend.
To add to a legend:
- Select the visualization item or items to add to the legend.
- If there are multiple legends, add the desired legend to the selection by shift-clicking the legend border.
- Select Insert ® Legend Item.
Only a single legend item may exist for a given visualization. If you are inserting multiple visualization items into an existing legend, only legend items for those visualizations not already represented will be added to the legend.
For more information, see Legends in Chapter 5, "Adding Annotations".